Intermediate Applied Vibration Analysis – Category II – Live Online Training Course
Session 2: October 20 - December 31
Live Class Time: Tuesday & Thursday, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
This online 40 hour course has two, 2-hour classes per week for 10 weeks. These are live interactive online classes with continual interaction between instructor, student and group (not recorded video-based).
All classes will be recorded so that students may makeup missed live classes with the recorded version. Exams may be taken any time during the week of January 4 - 8, 2021. No classes on Thanksgiving (11/26/20) or Christmas Eve (12/24/20).
In our Intermediate Applied Vibration Analysis Category II Course, students will learn how to specify basic FFT parameters, establish initial alarm set points, and perform fundamental signature and phase analysis. This class is intended for maintenance technicians and engineers who want an intermediate course in vibration analysis.
A minimum of a secondary education diploma or equivalent is recommended.
The course follows Category II Guidelines established by ISO 18436-2, “Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machine – Requirements for training and certification of personnel – Part 2: Vibration condition monitoring and diagnostics.”
Intermediate Vibration Analysis Course Objectives:
- Select the appropriate machinery vibration measurement technique
- Maintain a database of results and trends
- Establish and implement general overall level alarms
- Set up instruments for the basic resolution of amplitude, frequency and time
- Perform basic vibration analysis of machinery and components, such as shafts, bearings, gears, fans, pumps and motors, using spectrum and phase analysis
- Classify, interpret and evaluate the test results in accordance with applicable specifications and standards
- Understand basic single plane balancing concepts
- Be aware of some causes and effects of bad measurement data
- Perform basic bump tests to determine natural frequencies
- Recommend minor corrective action
Optional Category ll- ISO Certification Exams
ISO Accredited Certification through the Vibration Institute requires 68 hours of formal training or independent study, 18 months experience and the examination. The ISO Category ll exam is an additional $350 and student will need to take the test locally with an arranged proctor (Pioneer Engineering can help arrange this). Please note the ISO exam application and approval from the Vibration Institute must be completed 20 days prior to the exam date.
Continuing Education Credit Hours: 40 Hours