Introduction to Vibration Analysis – ISO Category I
Jan 29- Feb 1, 2018 McNeese State University - Lake Charles, LA
In our Introduction to Vibration Analysis course, learn how to establish a vibration condition monitoring program, as well as begin to understand the fundamentals of vibration signature analysis. This class is intended for maintenance technicians and engineers who want an introductory course in condition monitoring using vibration analysis.
The course follows Category I Guidelines established by ISO 18436-2, “Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machine – Requirements for training and certification of personnel – Part 2: Vibration condition monitoring and diagnostics.”
Introduction to Vibration Analysis Course Objectives:
• Understand vibration units of measure and signal detection
• Read basic FFT spectra in linear, log and decibel scales
• Recognize various vibration sensors, mounting methods and instrumentation
• Compare overall or single value vibration measurements against preestablished alert settings
• Understand the application of basic FFT signature analysis
• Become familiar with general machine theory and basic maintenance action for pumps, fans, compressors, gearboxes, machine tools, structures and piping, mills, rolls.
Optional Category l - ISO Certification Exams